д.м.н., Блэктаунская молекулярная научно-исследовательская лаборатория, Западный Сидней, Новый Южный Уэльс, Австралия
PhD, UWS Blacktown Molecular Research Laboratory, Western Sydney Local Health District, NSW, Australia
Work: (02) 9851 6123
Mobile: 0431 858 212
- Member of the Australasian Association of Clinical Biochemists Steering Committee, Global Translational Medicine Consortium, EUSTM
- Member of the Science Advisory Board (Biotechnology), USA
- Associate Editor, Journal of Molecular Biology Research, Canada
- Member of National Association of Testing Authorities, Australia (NATA)
- University of Western Sydney Adjunct Fellow
- Member of UWS Molecular Medicine Research Group
- PhD in science
- more than twenty five years’ experience in diagnostic, teaching and research areas
- experience in organisation and management of a laboratory
- experience in the organisation of research projects
- experience in staff training, manual preparation and liaising with customers, suppliers’ companies and contractors
- teaching and supervision of postgraduate and undergraduate students
- publications and reviews in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- conference and workshop presentations
- PhD in Science, USSR. Completed in 1986
- Recognised by Australian NOOSR and University of Toronto, Canada
- Bachelor of Science with Distinction, Chemistry and Biology. (Recognised as a Master Degree by University of Toronto), Tashkent State University, USSR, 1975-1980
Recognised by Australian NOOSR and University of Toronto, Canada
Continuing education (main)
- HETI/UNE Diploma of Management. Current enrolment.
- WSLHD Research Governance. WSLHD, March 2015
- Good Clinical Practice for Principle Investigator. WSLHD, October 2013
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management. WSLHD, September 2013
- The Financial Management Education Program. HETI , May 2013
- Risk Awareness Course for WSLHD Managers. April 2013
- Laboratory Assessor/ Lead Assessor. NATA, May 2011
- NATA Laboratory Audit. NATA, March 2010
- Bioinformatics, Biotech Leaning Institute, USA, 2005-2006, E-course
- Senior Hospital Scientist In Charge of Laboratory
UWS Blacktown Molecular Research Laboratory (former Diversity Health Institute Research Laboratory),
Western Sydney Local Health District, NSW, Australia
June 2005 – Current
- Hospital Scientist
ICPMR, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, NSW, Australia
Oct 1997 – June 2005
- Research Associate
(Leave without pay during my employment at Westmead Hospital)
Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
December 2001- March 2002
- Research Officer
Department of Medicine
North Shore Royal Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Feb 1996 – Oct 1997
- Scientific Officer
Department of Biological Sciences, Biotechnology,
Macquarie University, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Jan 1994 – Dec 1994
- Lecturer in Biochemistry
Tashkent Pharmaceutical Institute, Tashkent, USSR
- Research Officer
Academy of Science, USSR. (PhD scholarship is completed during this time).
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS (MAIN)
- Chapter: Role of cytochrome p450 enzymes in psychotropic drug metabolism and clinical implications. In book: Cytochrome P450 Enzymes: Biochemistry, Pharmacology and Health Implications. NOVA USA. 2014.
- Chapter: Drug-Food Interaction. In book: Introduction to Functional Food Science: Textbook. Volume 1, Danik M Martirosyan, UTSW Medical Centerat Dallas, TX, USA, 2013.
- Chapter: Drug Interactions, Pharmacogenomics and Cardiovascular Complication; In book: Drug Discovery. InTech.2013 doi: 10.5772/48423, chapter 3, p 75-105.
- Cases of Adverse Reaction to Psychotropic Drugs and Possible Association with Pharmacogenetics. J. Pers. Med. 2012, 2(4), 149-157; doi:10.3390/jpm204014
- Pharmacogenetics and gender association with psychotic episodes on Nortriptyline lower doses. Patient cases. ISRN Pharmaceuticals, ISRN Pharmaceutics, vol. 2011, Article ID 805983, 2011. doi:10.5402/2011/805983.
- Suicide cases and Venlafaxine. ACTA Neuropsychiatrica 2011, DOI: 10.1111/j.1601-5215.2011.00566.x V 23, Issue 4, 156-160, 2011.
- Metabolism, menstruation and medication. Psychotropic drugs prescription for women. Synergy, Multicultural Mental Health Australia, Edition 1, 2011.
- Nutrigenomics and Metabolic Diseases. e-Diversity Journal, (3), December, 2010
- Warfarin Toxicity and Individual Variability—Clinical Case. Toxins. 2010; 2(11):2584-2592.
- Cytochrome P450 loss-of-function polymorphism genotyping on the Agilent Bioanalyzer and clinical application. Pharmacogenomics. Dec 2009, Vol 10, No 12
- Drug Hypersensitivity. Book Review. Australian Journal of Medical Science, Vol. 29, No. 4, Nov 2008: 151-152.
- Individualized Therapy for Diverse Australian Population. Santorini papers. Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine, Vol.44 No8, 2006.
- Efficient screening method for at-risk patients on the thiopurine therapy. Australian Journal of Medical Science. Vol.27, No.3, August 2006.
- HPLC method of Arecoline determination in human saliva. International J.Chromatography A., V 1032, III, p 93-95, April 2004.
- Quantitative analysis of gene expression by ion-pair high-performance liquid chromatography during Vitamin D supplementation. International Conference HPLC2003 papers, 2003.
- The biochemical nature of the cell envelope of a high cellulase-secreting mutant differs from that of the Trichoderma reesei wild type. Journal of Biotechnology 42, 53-59, 1995.
- Metanephrine and Normetanephrine Determination in urine and blood plasma by HPLC method. Clinical Chemistry, 5, 1989.(in Russian)
- Content of biologically active substances in aboveground parts of Hypericum. Plant Resources, Leningrad 4 1988.(in Russian)
- Clazapine-induced acute renal failure and Cytochrome P450 genotype. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Psychiatry,1–1, The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists 2015
- Oxidative DNA Damage Levels in IBD patients Undergoing Infliximab Therapy. Gastroenterology 2011, Vol 140, Issue5, Supplement 1, Pages: S-278.
- CYP2D6 Genotyping by Liquid Chromatography-Electrospray Ionization Mass Spectrometry. Anal Bioanal Chem Jun 12, 2011.
- Normal thiopurine methyltransferase phenotype testing in a crohn disease patient with azathioprine induced myelosuppression. Internal Med J 2009; 39: 121-6.
REVIEWED ARTICLES IN
- Pharmacogenomics, Future Medicine Journals, London, UK.
- Journal of Molecular Biology Research, Canadian Centre of Science and Education, Canada.
- Pharmacology, Biochemistry and Behaviour, Elsevier, International Journal.
- Serotonin toxicity and Cytochrome P450 genetic polymorphisms. The International Association of Forensic Toxicologists, 53d Meeting, Rome 2015.
- International Congress on Personalised Medicine, Oral presentation, UPCP 2012, Italy, February 2012.
- Can Cytochrome P450 polymorphisms be used as biomarkers for the serotonin syndrome and suicidal ideations? Oral Presentation. AACB Annual Scientific Conference, Sydney, October, 2011.
- Bioinformatics Application in Clinical Laboratories. Oral Presentation. AACB annual scientific meeting, February 2011.
• Cytochrome P450 loss-of-function polymorphisms should be included in patient record warning labels. Oral presentation. Australian Mutation Detection Meeting, Tasmania, 3-6 August 2010.
- Cytochtome P450 genotyping in the interpretation of Forensic Toxicological results. Oral Presentation. Mutation Detection 10th International symposium on mutations in the Genome, Cyprus, 28 May - 1 June 2009.
- CYP Poor Metaboliser Genotyping on the Agilent Bioanalyzer and Clinical Application. Oral Presentation. Molecular Diagnostics Europe Conference, Stockholm, Sweden, 19 and 20 May 2009.
- Cytochrome P450 genotyping in interpretation of forensic toxicological results. NSW Bureau of crime statistics and research. 40th Anniversary Symposium. Sydney, Australia, 18-19 February 2009.
- Cytochrome P450 and antidepressant medications. ComBio Conference .The Australian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. Sydney, Australia, September 22-26, 2007.
- Application of DHPLC in Molecular Biology. AACB Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Meeting. Oral Presentation. Sydney, Australia, June 16-18, 2007.
- Individualized Therapy for Diverse Australian Population. ‘Biology Prospective’ International Conference, Santorini, Greece, September 2006.
- Efficient screening method for at-risk patients on the thiopurine therapy. International Molecular Medicine Tri-conference, San Francisco, USA, May 2005.
- HPLC method of Arecoline determination in human saliva. HPLC2003. Nice., France, 2003.
- Quantitative analysis of gene expression by ion-pair high-performance liquid chromatography during Vitamin D supplementation. HPLC2003, Nice, France, 2003.
- Metanephrine and Normetanephrine determination by minor modification of standard Catecholamine methodology. XIVth Scientific Research Meeting. Sydney, RNSH, Australia, November 199.
- Dynamics of the chemical nature of the cell wall of Trichoderma reesei. Fifth International Mycological Congress, Vancouver, Canada, August 1994.
- NSW Institute of Psychiatry & Transcultural Mental Health Centre. Cross-cultural Mental Health Care in General Practice Workshops, Ethnopsychopharmacogenetics and Personalised Medicine, organised yearly, 2007 -2011.
- The Mental Health Network Conference Workshop: Individual reactions to antipsychotic and antidepressant drugs. A guide to psychiatric drug interaction. September, 2010.
- Personalised Medicine. Diversity Health Institute Conference, 2008.
STUDENT SUPERVISION. CURRENT PROJECTS
- Identification of miRNA profile which characterise T2DM. UWS Honours program.
- Epigenetics and Type 2 Diabetes. Glucose transporter gene methylation status in Type 2 Diabetes. UWS Honours program.
- A General Medical Practitioner’s Approach to drug-food interaction in the Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) community of the Greater Western Sydney (GWS) area. UWS Community Research Project. Student group: year 4 UWS medical students.
- GP Use of Psychotropic Medication for the Management of Depression in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse ( CALD) community. Community Research Project. Student group: year 4 UWS medical students.
- General Medical Practitioners appraisal of prescribed psychotropic medications in the context of enzyme polymorphisms in the Blacktown City Council African Community. Community Research Project. Student group: year 4 UWS medical students.
- Clozapine adverse drug reactions.
- miRNAs and Type 2 Diabetes.
- Genetic predisposition to Serotonin Syndrome.
- Clozapine-induced metabolic diseases and Pharmacogenetics.
- Evaluation of Fingernail Evidence Collection Procedures commonly used in forensic practice by DNA based methods. (Initiation phase).
- Variations in the GLUT1(SLC2A1) gene coding area and phenotype-genotype characteristics.
- Glucose Transporter 1 functional assay development.
- DNA methylation and metabolic syndrome.
- Oxidative DNA Damage Levels in IBD patients Undergoing Infliximab Therapy.
- Normal thiopurine methyltransferase phenotype testing in a crohn disease patient with azathioprine induced myelosuppression.
- Venlafaxine Neurotoxic Adverse Drug Reaction and Pharmacogenetics.